How Do You Fix Pixelated Pictures in Adobe Photoshop – Introduction
Pixelation of an image seems quite disturbing. A Pixelated image looks like nothing but a 90’s low-quality video game. Pixelated images are not clear and they are not suitable to use anywhere. But, what if there is no other option left for you but to use that pixelated image. The good news is that you can fix the image to reduce the pixelation. In this article, I will show you how to remove pixelation in Photoshop and online.
What is Pixelation
Take any image which is of low quality or it is very small in size like 256 x 256. In that image you will see, the edge of a body is looking really smooth. What happens when you resize that same image into 1024 x 1024?
After resizing, you will notice that the edge of that same body has some blocks in the curves. This situation is called pixelation. It usually occurs when there is too much display area for the image but there is no sufficient data to view the image.
Pixelation can also occur when you try to convert a low-quality image into a high-quality image. However, you can reduce or remove pixelation in an image by using different software like Photoshop or you can do it online as well.
Fixing a Pixelated Image in Photoshop
Photoshop is the best offline software or tool that you can use to reduce pixelation. It is much better to use Photoshop than an online tool and the result is more accurate in Photoshop.
Here I am describing two methods that you can use to reduce pixelation in Photoshop.
In this method, you will fix the image pixelation by blurring and sharpening the image. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First of all, open your photo or image in the Photoshop software.
- Then select the option named ‘Filter and Blur’.
- After that, select the option called ‘Gaussian Blur’.
- Now, you will find a slider. Use it to reach an acceptable level and then click OK.
- Next, click on the option called ‘Filter and Sharpen’.
- You will find an option named ‘Un-sharp Mask’. Click that option.
- Now, find an acceptable level and click OK when you are done.
- Save the image in your required destination.
This is another method that you can follow to reduce pixelation. Here, our objective is to add a layer of soft light to the image so that the blocks or pixels minimize. Let’s see the steps.
- Upload the image you want to edit on Photoshop.
- Right click on that image. Hover over the option called ‘Layer and click the ‘Create New Layer option.
- Now you have to select ‘Filters and Noise’.
- You will find an option named ‘De-speckle’. Click it, and choose a level that you think you are okay with.
- Now select the option called ‘Image Adjustments and Brightness and adjust to an acceptable level.
- Save the image and you are done.
So, these were the steps you need to follow to remove or reduce pix elation from an image using Photoshop. The methods may sound complicated but they are more accurate and precise than using an online tool.
Fixing Pix elation Online
If you want you can fix pixelation using online tools like ‘Fotor’ or ‘Pixellate’. Different tools have different options but the procedure is almost the same. Here I will show you how you can fix pixelation on both ‘Fotor’ and ‘Pixellate’.
Fixing Pixelation in Fotor:
Below are the steps you need to follow to fix pixelation in ‘Fotor’.
- In ‘Fotor’, first, you have to upload the image to the site.
- You will find a menu on the left of the page. Select ‘Effect from that menu.
- After selecting the ‘Effect option, scroll down to find the ‘Pix elation’.
- Now you can use the scroll bar to minimize pix elation by scrolling left.
Fixing Pix elation using Pixelate:
The steps in ‘Pixellate’ are slightly different from ‘Fotor’.
- First of all, you need to upload your photo to the site.
- Here you will also find a menu on the left. There is an icon named ‘Smooth Photo’. Click there.
- After clicking that option the pixelation in your photo will automatically reduce.
You may find fixing pixelation online easier but it will not be as good as Photoshop. So, my recommendation would be to use Photoshop instead of fixing online.
Now you know everything about how to How Do You Fix Pixelated Pictures in Adobe Photoshop or online. From now on, if you find a pixelated image that needs to be fixed, you can easily follow the steps I’ve shown you to fix that image. I hope this article was helpful to you.
How Do You Fix Pixelated Pictures in Adobe Photoshop
CPH Graphics Media
A sister company of KMS Group Australia Pty Ltd
You may read CPH author’s another some famous post